Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 4, 2012

No More Powerless Threats.....

Well it happened. I called 911 last night at about 2:30am. I confiscated my devil child's baggie of "perfectly fine and healthy plant life". He raged at me like a cornered animal. Lamps flew, CD's shattered, obscenities poisoned me. He got physical when I said his step dad and I were leaving the house. Out of desperation I finally followed through with my threats. A moment of pure and deep sadness for me and my husband.

 Sobbing my head off  I listened to the officers talk to him. Words of great wisdom from both of them. He played along. Because he's under 16 I had the option of sending him to the youth center or not. A part of me wished for the strength to say yes. All I could think of was his angelic face as a little boy, I didn't have the heart. Exposing him to a new kind of danger is unfathomable to me.

Once they left he continued on with his disbelief at my "stealing" from him. How could I? He behaved like a true addict, jonesing for a needed fix. So frightening. We discovered earlier in the day that two Wii's and an X-Box are missing from the house. He admitted to selling one of them and loaning one out.  The other one sprouted legs and ran away. I wouldn't blame it you know, the tension in this house you can cut with a knife. It is extremely difficult living with a liar and a thief. "Extremely difficult" doesn't even begin to describe it.

I am not sure what our next step will be. He has a new baggie of plant life tonight. We may be revisiting the Youth at Risk program. I will keep praying for peace. God help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment